Add a Listing to This Page
To add a listing, please fill out our online submission form. Our administrators publish all approved submissions in 1-2 business days.
Please note that all listings automatically expire after 6 months. To renew a listing that is nearing expiration, see below.
Renew a Listing
If the position you listed is still open and its expiration is nearing, you can renew your listing and it will be extended for an additional 3 months. Listings can continue to be renewed as many times as needed until the position is filled.
To renew your listing, please send a request to the webmaster and specify which listing is yours.
Remove a Listing
If you placed a listing on this page that has since been filled or is no longer open, please send a message to the webmaster and specify which listing it is so that we can remove it.
Other Ministry Job Listings
Murray Street Church of Christ Minister Job Description
PURPOSE: This is a minister position to serve the Lord with a passion and sincere love for God in the area of Pulpit Minister. This ministry is to promote growth in relationship with the Lord, with one another and outreach to the lost. The purpose is to glorify God in word, worship and daily lives.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Pulpit Minister will work within the vision of the Murray Street Church of Christ, under the direction of the Eldership and as a member of the ministry team. Provide Leadership for planning and coordinating of activities, functions and events of the Murray Street Church. Expected to be the leader and provide the guidance necessary to get the most and best results from the ministry programs. Coordinate ministry planning and facilitation and keep the Elders advised. His live must be a model that demonstrates he is a faithful Christian, husband and/or father. Set a proper example of Christian behavior at all times.
• Accountable to the Elders.
• Pulpit Preaching
o Preach at Sunday Services
o Teach a Bible study class Sunday mornings.
o Teach a Bible study class or devotional Wednesday evenings.
• Visit members, shut-ins, nursing homes and visitors regularly.
• Coordinate planned ministry/congregational activities that reflect Biblical objectives.
• Provide a monthly status report to the Elders concerning contacts, activities, issues, concerns and needs.
• Available as needed/as applicable on days off (special circumstances, funerals, emergencies, etc.)
• Develop relationships outside the Church ad within the community. Participate in community activities.
• Lead the establishment of written goals for the overall ministry program and have a plan on how to accomplish and reach goals
each year. Review with the Eldership prior to implementing.
• Family participates as a family unit within the church.
• Coordinate with other worship leaders to plan and execute the congregation’s worship service including singing, prayers and
• Advise the Elders of any special problems, issues and/or conflicts with the congregation
• Attend all scheduled church services and fellowships.
• Develop sermons/themes for preaching which are consistent with the direction of the Elders.
• Edit, write articles and insure quality of monthly bulletins.
• Maintain availability by phone and schedule regular office hours and days off.
• Annual performance evaluation with the Elders.
• Professional Attire required for Sunday Morning Pulpit Preaching.
• Provide counseling to those who desire it including pre-marital counseling when needed.
• Offer referral and encourage further help for those who need additional help.
• Member of the Church of Christ
• Strong faith and commitment to the call of serving the Lord as a pulpit minister.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written as well as a demonstrated ability to lead Bible study, organize activities,
communicate ideas and use time effectively.
• Bachelor’s degree with Bible major preferred, but not required. Those without a degree who have successful ministry
experience will be considered.