Add a Listing to This Page
To add a listing, please fill out our online submission form. Our administrators publish all approved submissions in 1-2 business days.
Please note that all listings automatically expire after 6 months. To renew a listing that is nearing expiration, see below.
Renew a Listing
If the position you listed is still open and its expiration is nearing, you can renew your listing and it will be extended for an additional 3 months. Listings can continue to be renewed as many times as needed until the position is filled.
To renew your listing, please send a request to the webmaster and specify which listing is yours.
Remove a Listing
If you placed a listing on this page that has since been filled or is no longer open, please send a message to the webmaster and specify which listing it is so that we can remove it.
CIRCLE CHURCH OF CHRIST
PULPIT MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Circle Church of Christ, 2020 Circle Blvd, Corvallis, Oregon, is seeking an experienced Pulpit Minister (PM) who is knowledgeable of the Scriptures and has been gifted to preach, teach and equip the Church for discipleship and service. The PM shall be a devoted follower and disciple of Jesus and is passionate about helping others to live and grow as disciples as well as also making other disciples of Jesus. The PM’s life shall demonstrate a passionate faith in God, a strong commitment to the Lordship of Christ, the leading of the Spirit and the authority of the Scripture. The PM, under the oversight of the Elders and as a member of the Ministry Team, will work and support the vision and mission of Circle Church of Christ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pulpit Preaching
o Prepare and deliver scriptural sermons
o Preach the majority of Sunday services
o Will share preaching duties with other Ministers and Guest Speakers
o Teach Bible classes, seminars, workshops as assigned
• Discipleship, Evangelism and Community Outreach
o Lead in modeling and equipping members to be actively discipling others
o Participate in developing/leading community outreach efforts
o Promote outreach efforts with an evangelistic focus
• Family Care
o Participate in coordination and visitation of sick and shut-ins
o Provide spiritual guidance and counsel for members and others regarding their
o Officiate and perform weddings, funerals and other activities as requested
o Serve as staff team leader to coordinate office activities and other items related
to providing the Church with an effective service center
o Actively participate in meetings with the Eldership and staff to facilitate
effective communication and coordination of objectives and activities
o Prepare bulletin articles, as scheduled, and ensure a quality publication
o Maintain reasonable office hours as agreed with the Elders and ministry staff
o Coordinate with Elders and staff when absent and maintain availability, as
circumstances warrant, on days off
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a preference in Biblical Studies.
• Experience in lieu of formal training may be acceptable
• Preferred candidates will hold a Graduate Degree in Biblical Studies, Christian
Ministry and\or Preaching.
• Demonstrable experience in ministry and preaching
• Knowledge and appreciation for the Restoration Movement to restore the New
Testament Church and the legacy of Churches of Christ
• Position Title: Pulpit Minister
• Works as a team member under the leadership of the congregation’s eldership
• Member of Ministry Team – works closely with Campus Minister, Ministry Intern(s)
and Office Administrator
Coordinates and works closely with Deacons and Ministry Leaders
• Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
• Benefits: health, Retirement and annual training/education allowance
• Interpersonal Skills – Approachable; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses
diplomacy and tact in tense situations; puts others at ease
• Biblical Knowledge – Proficient Biblical knowledge and ability to apply Biblical principles
to current culture
• Communication – Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media in a
manor that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
• Continuous Learning and Development – Possesses a deep desire for continuous personal
growth; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities (e.g. personal study,
reading, conferences, seeking counsel with the Elders and other Ministers)
• Leadership – Effective Servant Leader. Models the vision of the Church and Eldership and
motivates others to take action in support of the vision.
• Planning and Organizational Skills – Establishes courses of action to ensure that work is
completed efficiently. Ability to prioritize, schedule, maintain focus and follow through to
• Work Standards – Sets high standards for excellence and quality; assumes responsibility and
accountability for successfully completing tasks and objectives. Self-motivated, takes action
and goes beyond routine requirements.