What You Can Expect in Your Bible Education at Sunset
At Sunset International Bible Institute, our purpose is to teach the "whole counsel of God" (Acts 20:27). We endeavor to expose students to every book in the Bible and a practical view of ministry within the Body of Christ and intentional outreach to a lost world. As you study on the way to receiving your Bachelor of Biblical Studies Degree, here are some of the things you can expect to be taught:
- The Nature and Character of God: From the Old Testament and the New Testament, you will be taught about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. You will be exposed to the love, mercy, grace, and justice of God in His dealings with mankind through the ages.
- The Life and Teachings of Christ: You will learn about His Deity, His humanity, His powerful message, His sinless life, His death, burial and resurrection, and His exaltation to the right hand of God in Heaven.
- The Gift and Work of the Holy Spirit: You will be taught what the Bible says about the person, the power, and the work of God’s Spirit throughout history and the indwelling Spirit which serves as the “seal of salvation and earnest of inheritance” for every Christian.
- The Redemptive Plan and Purpose of God: You will learn about God’s plan to save and forgive sinful humanity through the atoning sacrifice of Christ, as it is revealed in the gospel and received by God’s mercy and grace through saving faith, repentance of sin and baptism into Christ.
- Christian Apologetics: You will be shown evidence that proves that the Bible is God’s inspired, accurate, and trustworthy revelation of Himself to man. You will learn the pieces of evidence of the resurrection of Christ, the existence of God, and the special creation of man.
- How to Study the Bible: You will learn how the Bible is its own best interpreter and how to discover what it meant to those who heard it first and what it means for us today. As you study through the entire Bible you will learn the difference between the Old and New Covenants and how to understand scripture in context and its original language.
- The New Testament Church: You will be taught about the prophecies, the preparation, the beginning, the doctrine, the worship, the unity, and the body life of the Church that Jesus built. You will learn how to plant, grow, and mature a healthy New Testament Church.
- Spiritual Wholeness and Discipleship: You will learn how to grow spiritually, overcome temptation, and live daily for the Lord by applying the Christian disciplines and Christian graces to your life. Our goal is not only to teach you the word of God but to help you develop wholeness in your life and relationship with God.
- The Christian Home and Family: You will be taught how to develop and preserve godly homes, marriages, and child-rearing as a blessing to our churches and our nation. You will learn the role and responsibility of each individual and of the family as a whole in building a solid foundation for this and the next generation.
- Church History: By studying the ecclesiastical successes and failures of others from the first century until now, you will learn how to avoid the tragic mistakes and how to apply the correct values of theologians, churches, religious movements, and various denominations through the ages.
- Evangelism, Missions, and Church Planting: You will learn the importance of the Great Commission of Jesus Christ and how to carry it out in our generation. You will discover that evangelism, soul-winning, and missions serve as the “life-blood” of the Church, both at home and abroad.
- Eschatology, the Study of Last Things: You will be taught about the end of time, the return of Christ, the resurrection of the body, the day of judgment, and the reality of Heaven and Hell. You will also learn what happens to those who die before the return of Christ.