Hours: Full Time Type: Youth Minister Marital Status: Married preferred
Date open: January 1st 2018 Deadline to apply: November 1st 2018
Qualifications: 4 year degree (Bible major pref. w/ Youth Ministry minor) & Youth Ministry experience is preferred.
I. Highest priority – The primary purpose of the Youth Minister is to work alongside parents and adult volunteers to introduce young people to Jesus Christ. Help young people understand, through example and teaching, how to live out Jesus’ teachings. Help foster authentic spiritual growth within each young person through spiritual disciplines. Train and equip young people, with their skills and spiritual gifts in mind, to effectively serve Christ and others. Create an environment in which young people can safely and freely express their faith and doubts. Partner with God in nurturing our teenagers to full maturity in Christ.
II. Administrative Expectations:
A. The Minister will attend weekly church elders and deacons meetings.
B. The Minister will attend periodic staff meetings.
C. The Minister will develop and present a yearly budget proposal to the deacon board.
D. The Minister will work within the budget given to him barring any unforeseen circumstances.
E. The Minister will work a minimum of 40 hours a week.
F. The Minister will attend all Youth Team planning meetings and help/support schedule of activities developed by the Youth Team.
G. The Minister will provide resources to families to utilize for family devotional times.
III. Work Expectations:
A. Minister Presence
1. Visit, as allowed, each high school and middle school represented in the Youth Ministry twice a year.
2. Attend extracurricular activities of each student in the Youth Ministry as they are made known.
3. Visit, as allowed, each student’s home once a year to build relationships with each family.
4. Make visits to hospitals, nursing homes and funeral homes when the visit is Youth Ministry related.
5. Support other church ministries’ activities to help further cohesive ministry groups.
6. Be at all church services and events that are pertinent to the young people in the Youth Ministry.
B. Minister Leadership
1. Bible classes and Youth group gatherings
- Teach a Youth/Teen Sunday morning class three quarters each year.
- Work with the Youth Team to develop the curriculum.
- Assist and prepare activities and devotionals as well as being present for classes.
- Assist and prepare service outreach activities on a regular basis.
2. Merge Pointe group
- Work to make sure that teens are being included in the Merge Pointe group their family attends.
- Maintain a Youth Merge Pointe that meets at a time and place convenient to the group at the time.
3. Special activities
- Along with the youth committee, communicate and delegate responsibilities for events as appropriate to adult volunteers and teens.
- See to it that all plans (quarterly, one month before the start of the quarter) are published on multiple platforms and mediums so that all involved are aware of the plans.
- Work with area congregations to plan coordinated youth activities throughout the year.
4. Internet Presence
- Keep the Youth Ministry portion of the church website up to date.
- Use multiple forms of online communication including but not limited to social media, texting and email.
5. Youth Ministry Team
- Along with the team, evaluate the youth ministry goals in light of the mission and vision set forth by the Elders.
6. Personal Development
- Pursue personal growth and development through training, conferences and college courses.
- Network with other ministers in our community to grow through the exchange of ideas.
- Take time to rest and tend to your inner spiritual world to continue to effectively serve the body of Christ.
Salary Range: $30,000 (negotiable)
Benefits: Health Insurance Assistance, Paid Holidays, Two Weeks Paid Vacation
Contact: Deacon Fred Cockerham can be reached at 513-435-1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Church contact information: Crosspointe Church of Christ, 5630 State Route 122, Franklin, Ohio, 45005
Phone: 513-423-0188 Website: www.crosspointecoc.org