Seeking Full Time Minister
High Country Church of Christ
Show Low, Arizona
3201 E. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ • 928-537-2013
highcountrychurchofchrist.org • firstname.lastname@example.org
The High Country Church of Christ is seeking a full-time minister. We are a loving, devoted congregation of approximately 65-100 members, depending on the season. We have a very active youth, an invested group of women, and we’re currently being led by the dedicated men of our congregation.
• We’re a diverse group of believers, from small children to life-long dedicated servants.
• We own a beautiful building consisting of an auditorium, a fellowship hall, five classrooms, a nursery, and multiple offices.
• We also maintain a camp located on our property, which hosts our Bible camp once a year.
• Our youth participates in Leadership Training for Christ (LTC) in the Southwest Region. We have about a dozen children currently participating in it, with several younger children as well.
• We support a mission work in Guyana through the Kuru Kururu Church of Christ.
• Meeting times: Sunday Morning Bible Class and worship, Sunday Evening worship, Wednesday Bible study and various other gatherings such as our monthly ladies Bible study and youth get-togethers.
• Show Low is located in the White Mountains of Arizona, a rapidly growing area. It is the largest city in the White Mountains and is one of the fastest growing cities in northern Arizona.
• Show Low has a population of about 12,000.
• Wildlife common to the area includes deer, elk, bear, antelope, mountain lion, and turkey. There are over 2 million acres of National Forest land adjacent to Show Low and over 40 lakes and streams in the immediate area. Hunting, fishing, camping and hiking are popular activities.
Basic Expectations of a Potential New Minister
• Sound scriptural philosophy and understanding.
• Ability to preach practical and engaging sermons in a clearly understood voice.
• Ability to facilitate classes and small groups in a way that encourages participation.
• Evangelize in the community and to inspire and equip members to do the same.
• Experience using computer aids (i.e. PowerPoint, Paperless Hymnal). Our congregation currently utilizes the “Proclaim” program.
• Preach weekly for our morning and evening Sunday worship.
• Teach/Lead our Wednesday night Bible study.
• Various other duties such as directing our Bible camp and/or assisting with it, working with our youth when possible, and maintaining office hours throughout the week.
• Able to answer phone calls even when not in the office.
• Willingness to support our mission work.
• Visitation of members regularly.
• Visiting the sick.
• Scheduling weekly and/or monthly Bible studies.
• Bachelors in Bible/Ministry from an accredited Christian/Church of Christ school or program
• A minimum of 5 years of minister experience.
• A supportive Christian wife/family who is involved in his ministry and church activities.
• Benefits: minister’s medical account
• Salary: $800/wk for a yearly average of $41,500
• 1 Week vacation
• Continuing education/lectureships/retreats to be negotiated.
Please feel free to submit questions to email@example.com and we will reply as soon as possible.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please mail your resume to the address listed below or submit it to the email listed. Submit by mail or email audio or video media of two sermons and a concise statement (1-2 pages) that characterizes your current philosophy towards ministry and what it means to you to be a minister in the church of Christ.
Please mail or email this information to:
Mail: High Country Church of Christ
PO Box 232, Show Low AZ, 85902
Upon review of your resume and other materials, we may contact you for an “interview and trial sermon” wherein you will meet with the men of our congregation and teach our Sunday morning class and give the sermon.