The Northside Church of Christ located at 187 Tower Avenue in Hartford, CT; is seeking a full time experienced senior minister to guide our church into the next phase of growth. Our "core" congregation has an average of 75-100 in weekly attendance. The mission statement of Northside is to Love and Glorify God, to love and care for each other and to share the new of Jesus Christ with the World. We are looking for a Man of God that is willing to help guide the church into the next phase of growth, within the church and community.
Senior Minister Responsibility:
• Minister the Word of God and model the lordship of Christ to our congregation such that it illuminates scripture, teaches sound doctrine, inspires and convicts others towards Godly living, and encourages and motivates Christians to follow the Lord Jesus Christ more fully.
• By modeling through a personal lifestyle, equip, develop, and empower our congregation to effectively share the gospel for the purpose of winning others to Christ in their journey towards becoming productive laborers for the kingdom of God.
• Through a process of personal engagement, love and care for our congregation so they are sustained through the challenges of life and become more able to love and care for others in the process.
• In partnership with the brethren and under the lordship of Christ Jesus as the head of the church, develop and implement our vision so the gospel advances in our generation.
• Provide general leadership to all ministries of the church.
• Preach/teach as the primary minister, but share pulpit with other ministry personnel and guest speakers.
• Decide the preaching topics and set the preaching schedule in accordance with Titus 2.
• Visitation and counseling sessions upon request or as needed.
• Represent the church in local community involvement.
The position of the Minister requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The minister should be in the office a minimum of 20 hours per week for accessibility to members of the congregation and, including but not limited to leadership and Leadership of the following:
Sunday Morning Worship
Sunday Evening Worship
Wednesday Evening Bible Class
Men's Training Class
*Have a heart for the lost (HATE the sin; LOVE the sinner and work with them)
*Have extensive Biblical knowledge (college graduate preferred but not required) and life experience
* Ability to not only preach and teach God's Word, but also demonstrate Christian values in their life
* Experienced in providing pastoral care and biblical counseling for the church and community.
* Able to demonstrate good communication skills with a congregation, small groups and church leaders.
*Have assisted or performed (baptisms, weddings and funerals etc.)