Applicants can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For the Evangelism & Involvement Minister
To give a clear definition and outline of responsibility areas of the Involvement and Outreach Minister at Southern Oaks Church of Christ.
II. Basic Purpose
The purpose of the Involvement and Outreach Minister includes the planning and implementation of a ministry which encourages greater individual involvement in evangelism and participation in the various ministries at Southern Oaks.
III. Basic Responsibilities
A. Provide leadership in planning, organizing and establishing programs that fosters an evangelistic spirit and an atmosphere of involvement among the members of the Southern Oaks Church of Christ.
B. He is to effectively communicate with the church regarding the opportunities for evangelism and involvement in various ministry areas.
IV. Specific responsibilities
1. Create outreach opportunities for the church, including such things as Friend’s Day and Campaigns
2. Organize card/letter writing efforts to visitors and prospective members
3. Initiate follow-up on visits and studies that have been conducted to determine if further efforts need to be made in each case
4. Organize and assist with visitation program
5. Recruit new members to work with the visitation program
6. Communicate with the congregation through bulletin articles, visual aids and oral announcements about outreach opportunities.
7. Prepare and implement curriculum for life group studies
8. Initiate training of leaders for life groups
9. Maintain records pertaining to outreach prospects, classes, workers, etc.
1. Promote and coordinate personal Bible studies
2. Work with the evangelism deacons to keep evangelism efforts organized and energized
3. Provide leadership in keeping the congregation motivated to be evangelistic
4. Initiate special training classes designed to train individuals to evangelize effectively
5. Recruit individuals into the evangelistic programs of the church
6. Make weekly visits to those who have attended the worship assemble or have been submitted by members of the congregation on an Outreach Prospect Card.
7. Keep evangelism ministry records current
8. Communicate with the congregation about evangelism opportunities, needs and victories
C. New Christian Care
1. Coordinate special studies/classes with the new Christian for the purpose of establishing him in the faith.
2. Select and train teachers for these new Christian studies
1. Design and maintain work profiles on all Southern Oaks members
2. Provide each church member, new member/convert with an “Involvement Survey”
3. When the member has completed the “Involvement Survey” record the information contained on the card in computer spread sheet
4. Keep a current “job and talent list” indicating the members involvement or work interest
5. Work with all ministry leaders (deacons) in supplying them with the names of individuals desiring to work in a given ministry
6. Encourage cooperation and communication between ministries
7. Cooperate with the elders in the periodic reassignment of ministry leaders (deacons)
V. General responsibilities
A. He will be available to teach classes on Sunday morning and on Wednesday night as needed
B. He will exercise his discretion and good judgment regarding the use of his time and participation in various requests pertaining to:
3. Sick Calls
C. Other duties as assigned by the Elders.